Strategic Insight delivers its products and services through four distinct divisions: SI Data, SI Research, SI Intelligence, and SI Interactive. SI's recognized brands and leading editorial titles include BrightScope, Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions, Investor Economics, Corporate Insights, LiquidMetrix, FWW, Plan for Life, PLANSPONSOR, PLANADVISER, Chief Investment Officer, Global Custodian, and The Trade.
Strategic Insight (Investor Economics) is Canada’s foremost provider of fact-based analysis to the retail financial services industry. Our client list includes most major financial institutions and companies in Canada including banks, credit unions, brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, insurance companies and money managers. Strategic Insight provides advice and decision-making support to individuals at multiple levels in the financial services sector based on the analysis and interpretation of extensive data relating to the supply and demand of financial services.
Position Profile & Responsibilities
The Strategic Insight environment is best suited to individuals who are: highly motivated to learn about the wealth management business from the ground up, starting with data collection and management processes; able to deal with the pressures of learning/researching while managing ongoing analyses of large amounts of data and; able to contribute to the interpretation of results and drafting of reports within specific timelines and under limited supervision.
The analyst will become part of the distribution research team and will be dedicated to providing insights and analytics on segmentation, private banking, private investment counsel, private trust and branch-based financial planning. Our team requires an inquisitive and dynamic individual to join our group in Toronto.
As an Analyst you will:
• Collect data/information and ensure data meets data quality requirements
• Provide data analysis and subject matter expertise that supports regular reporting
• Maintain and upgrade internal databases and operational processes
• Help our business and our clients solve a variety of problems with an exceptional team
• Be responsible for building knowledge and generating thought leadership
• Leverage internal and third-party reference data sources for research engagements
• Write thoughtful and thorough research reports
• Connect with a variety of industry executives to build client relationships and gather industry knowledge
• Operate with autonomy, think independently
The Basic Requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Previous experience in the wealth management industry is considered an asset.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
• Self-starter attitude and strong desire to learn about the retail financial services business
• Excellent command and understanding of Access, Excel and PowerPoint software
• SQL, and/or Tableau experience is an asset, or an immediate willingness to learn and apply into day-to-day
You will excel at this role if you:
• Are an intellectually curious individual
• Have experience with the wealth management industry or research
• Are analytical by nature and enjoy trying to figure out the future before it arrives
• Have the ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information; effectively comprehend, synthesize, analyse, structure and communicate a story
• Are a strong team player who works collaboratively, demonstrates initiative, is proactive, and is client-focused
• Enjoy meeting new people and helping clients solve problems
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. July 17, 2018.
Please submit your application to Mariela Cayaffa via email at email@example.com. Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name and the title of the position being applied for.
Your application must include (i) a resume; (ii) a cover letter stating your fit in comparison to the required qualifications above. The cover letter should clearly indicate your ability to assume full-time employment in Canada.
1. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
2. Only those applicants chosen to move beyond the initial review of candidates will be contacted.
The Company has policies to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Back to job postings