Strategic Insight is Canada’s foremost provider of fact-based analysis to the retail financial services industry. Our client list includes most major financial institutions and companies in Canada including banks, credit unions, brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, insurance companies and money managers. Strategic Insight provides advice and decision-making support to individuals at multiple levels in the financial services sector based on the analysis and interpretation of extensive data relating to the supply and demand of financial services.
Strategic Insight offers an ideas-driven, high-performance environment, where advancement and opportunities are based on personal achievement and merit. Successful applicants will contribute energy and dedication in return for an opportunity to develop analytical skills and specialized knowledge of the retail banking and wealth management industries.
Position Profile & Responsibilities
Analysts at Strategic Insight play an integral role within the firm, contributing ideas and analyses for key research publications and providing support to clients through the firm’s growing and well-respected consulting practice.
The Analyst will support the Insight team at Strategic Insight. This group examines issues related to the household balance sheet and specific product groups (mutual funds, funds of funds solutions, exchange-traded funds and others). The Analyst will participate in the research and development of a couple major reports: Insight Advisory Service and The Fee-based Report.
In a typical research endeavour, as part of either a stand-alone engagement or a publication cycle, analysts must develop and demonstrate the following skills:
• Oversee the collection of information and data on a continual basis.
• Initiate, design and execute research process and analyses.
• Conduct primary research interviews.
• Formulate and present conclusions.
• Think independently.
• Produce written commentaries for research pieces.
Although the types and scope of projects vary, analysts are expected to:
• Demonstrate skills openly and proactively.
• Analyze relationships between business results and drivers.
• Participate in discussions with key clients.
• Deal with ambiguity—anticipate obstacles and think of next steps.
• Develop new research ideas building on, or adding to, existing work.
• Take ownership and responsibility for their work.
For those individuals who join our team, a career at Strategic Insight offers much in return:
• Collegial and supportive culture.
• Valuable knowledge and experience in the financial services field.
• Continuous intellectual challenge and personal development opportunities.
• Meritocratic compensation and advancement.
The Strategic Insight environment is best suited to self-starting, highly motivated individuals who are able to deal with the pressures of learning/researching, developing analyses and drafting reports within specific timelines and under limited supervision.
Strong candidates will have:
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in business, economics, mathematics or a related discipline.
• Strong and consistent academic performance.
• Intellectual curiosity and interest in the financial services sector.
• Excellent command and understanding of databases, spreadsheets and presentation software.
• Proven data analytical skills.
• Demonstrated comfort in creating/carrying out a research process including raw data management.
• High attention to detail and data integrity.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Sense of responsibility for deadlines and deliverables.
• The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Preferred candidates will also have:
• 1 – 2 years’ experience within the retail financial services or wealth management industries, or
• Experience with a market research or data gathering business.
• Knowledge of the mutual funds industry and insurance business considered an asset.
• Ability to communicate orally and/or writing in French will be an asset.
• Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status.
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. October 13, 2017. Please address your application to Mariela Cayaffa, Data Analyst at email@example.com
Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name and the title of the position being applied for.
An application must include (i) a resume (ii) a cover letter stating your fit in comparison to the required qualifications above. The cover letter should clearly indicate your status in Canada as well as your compensation objectives (iii) a copy of a transcript of academic achievements.
1. Failure to provide the information outlined above will result in an automatic rejection of the application
2. Only applicants chosen to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted
Back to job postings