Strategic Insight (formerly known as Investor Economics) is Canada’s foremost provider of fact-based analysis and consulting services to the retail financial services industry. Our client list includes every major financial institution and company in Canada including banks, credit unions, brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, insurance companies and money managers. We provide advice and decision-making support to individuals at multiple levels (from product analysts to senior executives) based on the analysis and interpretation of extensive data.
Strategic Insight offers an ideas-driven, high-performance environment, where advancement and opportunities are based on personal performance and merit. Successful applicants will contribute energy and dedication in return for a unique opportunity to develop analytical skills and specialized knowledge of the retail banking and wealth markets.
Position Profile & Responsibilities
The Analyst, Consulting will support the firm’s well-respected consulting practice. This group is responsible for customized research, special engagements and consulting services. Occasionally, the Analyst, Consulting will also be asked to contribute ideas and analyses to key research publications on the research side of the business. This position reports directly to the Associate Consultant, Consulting. The consulting practice is managed by the Managing Director, Consulting who reports to the President and CEO.
In a typical customized research or consulting engagement analysts must develop and demonstrate the following skills:
• Initiate, design and execute research process and analyses.
• Gather relevant information and data from all internal sources.
• Design and manage primary research activities.
• Undertake secondary research using a wide variety of sources.
• Work with colleagues to apply research findings to specific client issues.
• Develop exhibits and write commentary for reports and presentations.
Although the types and scope of projects vary, analysts are expected to:
• Analyze relationships between business results and drivers
• Participate in discussions with key clients
• Develop new research ideas building on, or adding to, existing work
• Take ownership and responsibility for their work.
For those individuals who join our team, a career at Strategic Insight offers much in return:
• Collegial and supportive culture
• Valuable knowledge and experience in the financial services field
• Continuous intellectual challenge and personal development opportunities
• Meritocratic compensation and advancement.
The Strategic Insight environment is best suited to self-starting, highly motivated individuals who are able to deal with the pressures of learning/researching, developing analyses and drafting reports for clients within specified timelines and under limited supervision.
Preferred candidates will have:
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a related discipline.
• Strong and consistent academic performance.
• Proven data analytical skills.
• Intellectual curiosity.
• High attention to detail and data integrity.
• Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated comfort in creating/carrying out a research process.
• Excellent command and understanding of Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred candidates will also have:
• Experience within the retail financial services or wealth management industries, or
• Experience with a consulting, market research or data gathering businesses
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. July 14, 2017.
Please submit your application for employment to Mariela Cayaffa via email at email@example.com. Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name and the title of the position being applied for.
Your application must include (i) a resume; (ii) all post-secondary transcripts; (iii) a cover letter stating your fit in comparison to the required qualifications above. The cover letter should clearly indicate your ability to assume full-time employment in Canada.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to undertake a brief assignment to demonstrate their research, analytical and communication skills.
1. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
2. Only those applicants chosen to move beyond the initial review of candidates will be contacted.
The Company has policies to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Back to job postings