Strategic Insight (formerly known as Investor Economics) is Canada’s foremost provider of fact-based analysis and consulting services to the retail financial services industry. Our client list includes every major financial institution and company in Canada including banks, credit unions, brokerage firms, mutual fund companies, insurance companies and money managers. We provide advice and decision-making support to individuals at multiple levels (from product analysts to senior executives) based on the analysis and interpretation of extensive data.
Strategic Insight offers an ideas-driven, high-performance environment, where advancement and opportunities are based on personal performance and merit. Successful applicants will contribute energy and dedication in return for a unique opportunity to develop analytical skills and specialized knowledge of the retail banking and wealth markets.
Position Profile & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst, is a full-time position that will support the Distribution team at Strategic Insight. The Business Analyst will report to a Senior Analyst, who, in turn, reports to the Senior Consultant and Managing Director.
The responsibilities of the position involve tracking the distribution of financial wealth in the Canadian market, while exploring key trends, developments and issues that impact distribution. Through these activities, the Business Analyst will participate in the research and development of three major reports: Retail Brokerage and Distribution Advisory Services (RBDAS), The Fee-based Report and Brokerage Profitability.
Activities Associated with the Position
• Review collected data for accuracy and identify outliers and issues for resolution.
• Maintain functionality and integrity of large data sets.
• Develop and maintain relationships with survey contacts at a wide range of investment distributors.
• Write specific sections of quarterly reports and assist in the production of report tables and exhibits.
• Update excel spreadsheets and databases on a regular basis and solve any data issues as they arise.
• Attentively respond to internal and external data requests.
• Actively participate in discussions with team members and other SI staff with the goal of continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects.
The Strategic Insight environment is best suited to self-starting, highly motivated individuals who are able to combine the pressures of learning and producing analysis within specified timelines.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education related to business, data analysis and statistics.
• 1– 2 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent understanding of the collection, management and analysis of data.
• Experience with Microsoft Office productivity software (Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Confidence in creating/carrying out a research process including raw data management.
• Exceptionally high attention to detail and data integrity.
In addition, candidates should have and be able to demonstrate during the selection process:
• Firm sense of responsibility for deadlines and deliverables.
• Sound verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to build on analytical skills.
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn.
• The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. July 14, 2017.
Please submit your application for employment to Mariela Cayaffa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name and the position for which you wish to be considered.
Your application must include (i) a resume; (ii) all post-secondary transcripts; (iii) a cover letter stating your fit in comparison to the required qualifications above. The cover letter should clearly indicate your ability to assume full-time employment in Canada.
1. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
2. Only those applicants chosen to move beyond the initial review of candidates will be contacted.
The Company has policies to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Back to job postings