Strategic Insight is a research firm that specializes in the fact-based measurement and analysis of Canada’s retail financial services and wealth management industry. We focus on competitive intelligence, analysis of key trends and market measurement to identify the most accurate information possible for our clients.
The Business Analyst, Investment Funds, is a full-time position that will primarily support the Insight and Insurance Advisory Service team at Strategic Insight. The Insight and Insurance Advisory Service team are responsible for research on mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), fund wraps, segregated funds and the household balance sheet (HBS).
The Business Analyst will report directly to the Product Manager - SIMFUND, and work with Analysts/Senior Analysts and other data support roles on the team. The Product Manager - SIMFUND and Senior Analyst have a reporting relationship to the Senior Managing Director, Investment Funds, Deposits and Household Balance Sheet.
Position Profile and Responsibilities
Business Analysts play an integral role at Strategic Insight by managing the collection, cleansing and structuring of data and competitive intelligence. Business Analysts are also called upon to assist in report production and producing material needed in answering client inquiries.
Key responsibilities of a Business Analyst include:
• Review collected data for accuracy and identify outliers and issues for resolution.
• Mine a variety of print and electronic sources for data and qualitative information on fund and industry developments.
• Assist in managing the disbursement and collection of surveys for the Insurance Advisory Service report and other publications as necessary
• Update databases on a regular basis.
• Maintain functionality and integrity of large data sets.
• Solve database problems and other data issues as they arise.
• Actively participate in discussions with team members and other Strategic Insight professionals and support staff with the goal of continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
Projects and reports:
• Develop and maintain relationships with survey contacts at a wide range of fund sponsors.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects
• Attentively respond to internal and external data requests, bringing unusual or material requests to the attention of the Associate Consultant/Senior Analyst.
• Assist in the production of report tables and exhibits.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
The candidate will develop and demonstrate the following skills:
• High attention to detail and data integrity.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Strong database management skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to cope with changing priorities.
• Experience with Microsoft Office productivity software (Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
The ideal candidate should have:
• College diploma or undergraduate degree in information technology, business, economics, mathematics or a related discipline.
• 1-2 years of work experience in mutual fund administration, fund accounting, or financial services operations.
• Strong aptitude in Microsoft Excel.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and relational databases.
• Demonstrated interest in retail financial products and wealth management.
For those individuals who join our team, a career at Strategic Insight offers much in return:
• Collegial and supportive culture.
• Entrepreneurial environment where your contribution can be felt from day one.
• Continuous intellectual challenge and personal development opportunities.
• Direct access to senior team members and clients.
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. December 8, 2017.
Please submit your application for employment to Mariela Cayaffa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name and the title of the position being applied for.
Your application must include (i) a resume; (ii) all post-secondary transcripts; (iii) a cover letter stating your fit in comparison to the required qualifications above. The cover letter should clearly indicate your ability to assume full-time employment in Canada.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to undertake a brief assignment to demonstrate their research, analytical and communication skills.
1. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
2. Only those applicants chosen to move beyond the initial review of candidates will be contacted.
The Company has policies to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Back to job postings