Investor Economics, a Strategic insight business, is a nationally-recognized research and consulting firm that specializes in fact-based measurement and analysis of Canada’s retail financial services and wealth management industries. We focus on competitive intelligence, the analysis of key trends and market measurement in order to provide the most accurate information and advice available to the financial services industry. Every year, we produce a large number of reports.
The Design and Production Assistant will work with the report production team that reports directly to the Director of Operations and Client Engagement who, in turn, reports directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The Design and Production Assistant is a full-time position that will coordinate between all teams at Strategic Insight. This individual will be involved in the development of reports, presentations and associated marketing material using the appropriate programs as well as ensuring the Strategic Insight standards in quality are met.
Position Profile and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the Design and Production Assistant include:
Report Production and Presentations
• Produce the layout and design of specific reports.
• Administer the checking process for report sections and execute changes to report material based on checking input.
• Send appropriate report files to report external editors and designers.
• Actively convert report exhibits into PowerPoint in preparation for future presentations.
• Post reports online and notify clients.
Preferred candidates will be required to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Sound understanding of report and presentation development and execution.
• Expertise in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator (CS6, PC).
• Experience with Microsoft Office productivity software (Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task to meet competing deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for working with a variety of stakeholders.
• Commitment to accuracy and clarity along with the ability to maintain a keen attention to detail.
• An ability to make progress on multiple fronts and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• An ability to take a proactive approach and learn new processes swiftly.
Candidates should possess:
• Have experience in a publishing or production role or have completed a relevant publishing course with a strong aptitude for layout and design.
• Experience in developing material for business reports and presentations.
For those individuals who join our team, a career at Investor Economics offers much in return:
• Collegial and supportive culture.
• Entrepreneurial environment where your contribution can be felt from day one.
• Continuous intellectual challenge and personal development opportunities.
• Direct access to senior team members and clients.
Please provide us with 1) a cover letter outlining your experience and fit with the position 2) an up-to-date resume outlining experience, achievements, skills and qualifications 3) transcripts from university or college and 4) an indication of compensation and benefit expectations. Applications that fail to follow the instructions will be automatically rejected.
Only those applicants selected to move to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. December 8, 2017. You may submit your application to Mariela Cayaffa via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please label the subject of the e-mail with your first and last name.
An application must include (i) a resume; (ii) a cover letter describing your fit with the role and qualifications identified above.
We’d like to thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted to proceed to the next stage of the process.
NOTE: Late or incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
Back to job postings