Strategic Insight in Canada (formerly Investor Economics) is a leading provider of research and advisory services to the Canadian financial services industry. Based in Toronto, the firm is a unit within a global network of businesses that serve the retail banking, wealth and asset management sectors with a range of information products and services.
This is a new, full-time position designed to provide broad administrative support to executive management and to support the team involved in the design and production of a range of reports.
This position will appeal to a career-oriented individual who is seeking an opportunity to participate in a wide range of administrative duties associated with the day-to-day running of the business as well as, specific responsibilities tied to the design and development of reports that are subscribed to by a cross-section of the Canadian financial services industry.
• Manage electronic calendar/schedule for President and Senior Managing Director.
• Make all travel arrangements for the President, Senior Managing Director and other senior officers.
• Process invoices and expenses for President, Senior Managing Director and other senior officers.
• Schedule meetings using Microsoft Outlook and determine availability of attendees, coordinate logistics, prepare and distribute agendas/materials/documents.
• Make arrangements for meetings required by visiting executives from Strategic Insight companies and the Corporate Insight division of Investor Economics.
• Monitor incoming e-mails for invitations, meetings, and general inquiries.
• Maintain Outlook database – monitor, add, delete and update contacts on an ongoing basis.
Business Reports and Communications
• Assist with the preparation and dispatch of business communications, marketing materials and business presentations.
• Update PowerPoint presentations with new report exhibits
• Actively participate in various phases of report development, production and delivery.
• Format charts and tables in Excel
• Post reports and marketing blasts on client extranet and update blast lists
• Communicate with designer to send formatted files
• Send email communications to notify clients when reports become available
• Co-ordinate report printing
• Open and distribute mail.
• Register staff for conferences and other events.
• Schedule weekly kitchen duty, ensure that common areas of the office are tidy.
• Communicate with cleaners and building maintenance as problems or issues arise.
• Maintain office supplies, stationary, kitchen supplies and petty cash.
• Update client servicing file
• Bookkeeping, invoicing, sub-consultant, expenses.
• Degree or diploma in an appropriate discipline from recognized Canadian secondary education institution
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to exercise discretion and handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Helpful, friendly, and diplomatic manner in person and on the telephone
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of the organization.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Adobe Software
Please provide us with 1) a cover letter outlining your experience and fit with the position 2) an up-to-date resume outlining experience, achievements, skills and qualifications 3) transcripts from college and 4) an indication of compensation and benefit expectations.
Applications that fail to follow the instructions will be automatically rejected.
Only those applicants selected to move to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.
All applications must be received by 4:00 p.m., December15, 2017.
You may submit your application to Mariela Cayaffa via: email@example.com
NOTE: Late or incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
The Company has policies to support employees with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Back to job postings